Generating Real Estate Leads – 7 Tricks That Work
Generating real estate leads in today’s market can be challenging. With record-breaking prices in Vancouver and Toronto, rising interest rates, changes to mortgage rules, new government real estate regulations, and more inventory than demand in some Canadian markets, it’s an interesting time in real estate, to say the least.
The key to success is in picking the lead generating strategies that are effective in your current market conditions. Tougher market conditions require a different approach when generating real estate leads.
Here are 7 lead generating strategies you can apply to your business:
- Call, email, text or message everyone in your database and offer a complimentary market evaluation to identify who may be interested in selling.
- Develop a professional alliance network with stagers, mortgage brokers, secondary lenders, home inspectors, credit counselors, bankruptcy trustees, real estate lawyers, builders, contractors and more.
- Position yourself as a knowledge expert by creating charts, graphs or other visuals of key market stats clients want to know. Share by email, social media, or as a hand-out at your next client event.
- Use social media – from posting hot listings to offering staging advice, there are so many ways you can connect with potential clients through social media.
- Ramp up your prospecting efforts and increase your face time with potential buyers and sellers from client events to telephone prospecting, door knocking and open houses.
- Join a community or professional association, such as Lions or Toastmasters. The more people in the community who know you work in real estate, the more likely you will get unsolicited referrals.
- Get involved in the community. You can do this by sponsoring a children’s soccer or baseball team. Go to the games and participate in their fundraising initiatives. You could also host a community garage sale, or set up a neighbourhood watch program.
If you set aside two to three hours a day to generate new leads, it will help you succeed in the real estate business. Lead generation is all about numbers – the more people you talk to, the more leads you will find. Set a goal for the number of people you are going to talk to everyday and make it non-negotiable. Do not leave work until you have reached your goal.
However, none of your efforts will matter without prompt and effective follow up. Always contact your leads as soon as possible. In most cases, the first person to call back gets the client. With quick and timely follow-up, you could add more leads to your roster.
The ultimate strategy is simple. Ask everyone you meet, and we mean everyone, if they know anyone that may be interested in selling or buying real estate, and if they’d be comfortable referring you to assist them. Even if they don’t, give them your card. Now they know who to refer the next person they meet seeking real estate help to.
With the resources available through GeoWarehouse, you can market yourself as the go-to real estate sales professional of choice, and you’ll be generating real estate leads in no time.
Not already a GeoWarehouse subscriber? Learn more by visiting www.geowarehouse.ca today!